In line with the trend for longer stays, the offer allows guests to add a complimentary two-, three- or four-night land package to their river cruise vacation, enjoying further exploration where their river cruise begins or ends.
“When we first announced the complimentary pre- or post-cruise land packages in October, we received amazing feedback from our travel advisor partners as the offer was easy to communicate to their clients and offered added value of up to $3,800 per couple,” said Kristin Karst, executive vice president and co-founder of AmaWaterways. “Due to its popularity and the continued demand for longer, more immersive travel experiences, we have extended the Complimentary Land Package offer on select sailings so more guests can enjoy time exploring the world.”
With AmaWaterways’ land packages, guests stay in world-class hotels and enjoy concierge-level services provided by Cruise Managers who accompany them throughout their journey. Each land package includes daily breakfast, convenient transfers and portage services between the hotel and ship, plus city tours and experiences.
There are 15 difference pre- and post-cruise land packages offered complimentary on select sailings, including the following:
- Zurich and Lake Lucerne, Switzerland
– Travellers enjoy two nights in Zurich with a guided tour before spending two nights in Lake Lucerne
– They can add a two-night, pre- or post-cruise land package in Zurich plus a two-night package in Lake Lucerne (valued at $1,680 per person) to select seven-night Captivating Rhine and Enchanting Rhine river cruises
- Prague, Czech Republic
– Guests will travel to Regensburg, Germany and spend three nights in Prague
– They can add a three-night, pre-cruise land package (valued at $1,320 per person) to select seven-night Romantic Danube, Treasures of the Main & Rhine, Legendary Danube or Magna on the Danube river cruises
- Lake Como, Italy
– Passengers will be delighted by the crystal-clear blue waters and impressive villas of Lake Como, plus the iconic cobbled streets of Bellagio
– They can add a three-night, pre-cruise land package (valued at $1,440 per person) to select Rhine Castles & Swiss Alps or Rhine Castles & Swiss Alps (Christmas) river cruises
- Budapest, Hungary
– Travellers can explore Budapest’s ‘hidden’ side for two nights, exploring such fascinating sites as the Margaret Bridge, Nyugati Railway Station and the Great Synagogue
– They can add a two-night, pre-cruise land package (valued at $840 per person) to select seven-night Blue Danube Discovery, Magna on the Danube, Melodies of the Danube or Iconic Christmas Markets river cruises
Guests looking to extend their river cruise even further can combine the complimentary pre-cruise land package with an additional 10% savings when adding a second cruise.
TravelaAdvisors are invited to visit AmaWaterways’ Travel Advisor Portal or contact Group Sales or their BDM for more details on applying the Free Land Package offer for new group bookings in 2023 and 2024.